Original article. The DOJ can really move fast when it comes to Sham Shows, while they ignore criminals. More evidence of how badly our country needs President Trump. And, it more evidence that the Demo Party is gone. This is pure Communism to weaponize DOJ for political purposes. Do your research on “Jack” Smith and you will see even more evidence.
By Jim Hoft
Published November 18, 2022 at 1:20 pm 1405 Comments
Democrats have officially transformed the United States into a banana republic.
As Cristina Laila reported earlier US Attorney General Merrick Garland will appoint a special counsel to investigate whether criminal charges should be filed against Trump.
Trump earlier this week announced his 2024 bid for the White House so Biden’s DOJ is running interference.
The corrupt Department of Justice will investigate President Trump on the White House documents he brought with him to Mar-a-Lago when he left office and for the junk “insurrection” charges they accused him of after the January 6 protests.
This is the latest garbage attack on President Trump. The Biden regime – and certain Republicans – are out to destroy him so the populist movement in America will just go away.
This is the new January 6 investigation.
Garland says this will not replace investigations of anyone who was “illegally present” on public grounds on January 6th.
Jack Smith will serve as Special Counsel.
Here is the live video feed:
** End **
AG Merrick Garland names special counsel in Trump criminal probes
Original article. Again? Really!!! Are these hard heads incapable of learning their lesson. America is really getting sick and tired of these Sham Shows! There is even a reference to MSNBC (Fake News). The DOJ protects criminals like Hunter Biden and the Biden crime family while going after the best president this country has ever had… AGAIN!!!
Attorney General Merrick Garland announced on Friday that he is appointing veteran prosecutor Jack Smith as a special counsel to oversee the federal criminal investigations into former President Trump‘s efforts to overturn the 2020 election and handling of classified documents.
Why it matters: The appointment of a special counsel is intended to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest, and comes three days after Trump launched his 2024 presidential campaign.
- The special counsel will take over two of the most explosive investigations involving a former president in modern political history.
- Representatives for Trump did not respond to Axios’ request for comment.
Details: Smith will be tasked with prosecuting federal crimes that arise from the investigations, Garland said at a news conference Friday.
- “I am confident that this appointment will not slow the completion of these investigations,” he added.
- “The pace of the investigations will not pause or flag under my watch. I will exercise independent judgment and will move the investigations forward expeditiously and thoroughly to whatever outcome the facts and the law dictate,” Smith said in a statement, per MSNBC.
Zoom in: Smith most recently served as a chief prosecutor for the special court in The Hague, where he investigated war crimes in Kosovo, Garland said.
- From 2010 to 2015, Smith worked with the Justice Department as chief of the public integrity section, where he managed a team of more than 30 prosecutors “who handled public corruption and election crimes cases” in the U.S., Garland said.
- In that position, Smith oversaw the case of former CIA officer Jeffrey Sterling, who was convicted in 2015 of disclosing national defense information and obstructing justice.
- “Mr. Smith is the right choice to complete these matters in an even-handed and urgent manner,” Garland said.
What he said: Garland said Trump’s recent 2024 campaign announcement and President Biden’s intention to run again made him feel “that it is in the public interest to appoint a special counsel.
- “Such an important appointment underscores the department’s commitment to both independence and accountability and particularly sensitive matters,” he said.
Flashback: This is the third time DOJ will have appointed a special counsel to handle matters related to Trump.
- Special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of the 2016 Trump campaign’s ties to Russia dominated the first half of his presidency.
- Former Attorney General Bill Barr later appointed special counsel John Durham to investigate allegations of FBI impropriety in the Russia probe.
State of play: DOJ’s investigation of whether Trump illegally took government documents containing national security secrets to his Mar-a-Lago home in Florida is viewed by experts as the most acute legal threat the former president currently faces.
- A special master has been appointed to review the documents, which the FBI seized after executing a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago in August.
- Federal prosecutors have also subpoenaed dozens of Trump allies in DOJ’s wide-ranging investigation of efforts to subvert the 2020 election leading up to the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6.
Between the lines: Trump allies, including Republicans in the House who just took the majority in last week’s midterms, have accused the Justice Department of a politicized “witch hunt” against the former president. Those allegations aren’t likely to subside, even with Garland taking this precaution.
Editor’s note: This story has been updated with comments from Garland and additional details about the special counsel.
** End **